- Papaw Carey's Baked Beans
- For that bar-b-que side dish, or sitting next to the Turkey
at Thanksgiving, this is how my Dad taught me to make a country
version of baked beans.
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 1 lg. can baked beans
- 2 tblspns dark brown sugar
- ¼ c barbque sauce
- 2 slices uncooked bacon
- Mix all ingredients into a large sauce pan.
- Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring often to ensure
the brown sugar melts into the liquid.
- Reduce heat and cook for 45 minutes.
- Pour into a serving dish and serve warm.