- Grand Daddy Holland's Beef
- Grand Daddy Hollands Beef BBQ recipe was lost when he left
us. But Kevin has been perfecting his version as he remembers
it. It's pretty close to the original. But even if it's not exactly
the same, it's still fantastic!
- Roast Rub
- Preparation time: 2-3 hours (depends on how many pounds the
- 2 packages of Hamburger buns
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Mix all together and rub well onto roast.
- Place in large roasting pot or pan and cover with aluminum
- Slow cook for several hours (depending upon the number of
pounds of the roast).
- You want the roast to be fully cooked and falling apart.
- BBQ Sauce
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Grand Daddy mixed ingredients to taste (there are no exact
measurements), what's provided here is an estimate - (in progress)
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 small onion
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 can tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a small skillet, saute onion, oil and garlic for about
- Add chili powder, tomato paste, tomato puree, apple cider
- Mix thoroughly - saute for about 5 minutes
- Add Worcestershire sauce, apple vinegar, brown sugar.
- Mix thoroughly and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine BBQ Sauce and Beef
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Chop cooked beef into a large deep dish oven pan
- Pour BBQ sauce evenly over the beef.
- Mix well, so all the beef is fully covered in sauce.
- Replace in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and mix well again.
- Replace in oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool for 5 minutes and serve on hamburger