- Garrett's Wide Awake Jack
- Gary has been experimenting with bbq sauces. He has been
working on this one for a few months and finally got it just
right. If you like hot, you'll like this one.
Time: 1¼ hours
- Makes a bit more than 1 quart
- ½ tspn pepper
- ½ tspn dry mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tblspn sugar
- 1 tblspn salt
- 1 tblspn cayenne pepper
- 1 cup strong black coffee
- 1 ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- ½ cup molasses
- 2 tblspn apple-cider vinegar
- 2 tblspn lemon juice
- ¾ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tblspn soy sauce
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- Mix all dry ingredients into a large sauce pan. Mix thoroughly
- Add wet ingredients stirring as you go.
- Simmer for 30 minutes ( DO NOT BOIL).
- Stir and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Store in a glass bottle/jar.
- Store in fridge between servings.
- If you can't used crushed garlic, try 1/8 tspn powdered garlic
- Serving Instructions:
- Shake sauce well before use.
- If sauce is too thick to pour, warm it up in microwave for
about 10 seconds.