- Kevin's Beef BBQ
- Kevin makes some of the best beef bbq I've ever had! But
you can use this recipe with port or chicken. It tastes best
with beef though.
- Preparation time: 4 to 5 hours (depends on how many pounds
the roast is)
- 1 Beef Roast (at least 3lbs will serve 5) *
- 1 tspn Celery Salt
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce **
- 1 shot Jack Daniels Whiskey ***
- 1 large stew pot
- Place Roast, Celery Salt, BBQ and Jack in the stew pot.
- Cover just to the top of the roast with water.
- During cooking, turn the roast over in the water to ensure
the top does not dry out.
- Cook roast on the stove over low medium heat for about 3
to 4 hours, or until done.
- You want the roast to be fully cooked and falling apart.
When Roast Is Cooked
- Preheat Oven to 400° F
- Spoon the greese off the top of the water and place it in
a large square cake pan (about 9 x 13in)
- Pour remaining liquid from pot (be careful, it will be hot!)
- Remove roast and place it in the cake pan, using 2 forks
pull the roast apart.
- Stir roast and greese liquid together (the greese will help
the beef from becoming too dry)
- Add ½ cup BBQ and stir into beef thouroughly.
- Place in oven for 15 min.
- Remove and stir mixture. If needed/desired replace in the
oven for another 10 min.
- * You can use pork or chicken
for this recipe as well, just change the initial stewing
- ** Kevin uses Stubs BBQ Sauce. We use
Masterpiece Original. You can use your favorite brand.
- *** Garrett adds 1 shot of Jack to spike the