- Vickie's Beef Bites #2
- We're still playing with the Beef Bite recipe and decided
to create an alternative version to the original beef bites.
Where the other has a slight Italian flare with sage and oregano,
this one uses some of our favorite spices with basil and parsley.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 lbs London Broil slightly thawed
- ½ tblspn salt
- ½ tspn pepper
- 1 tblspn Sweet Basil
- 1 tblspn Parsley
- ¼ cup margarine
- ½ small onion - chopped
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- 2 tblspn Worcestershire sauce
- Chop onion and saute in margerine on medium heat.
- Cut beef into 1 inch squares and place into a medium size
- Add salt, pepper, basil, parsley, tomato and worchestershire
sauce to the onion mixture.
- Cook for approx 5 minutes
- Remove onion mixture from heat and pour over beef squares.
Mix thoroughly. Make sure the beef is covered with the butter
- Soak meat in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Remove beef bites from fridge and empty all ingredients into
a large skillet on medium heat.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir, cook until brown. Approx. 15 minutes
- Make "Texas Beef Bites" by adding roasted red peppers.