- Vickie's Smothered Beef Bits
- Quick and easy to fix. It's a
simple beef and gravy dish, served perfectly with potatoes and
- Preparation Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 lbs beef kabobs
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- ¼ fresh small onion - chopped
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 tspn pepper
- 4 tspn butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1¼ cup water
- Chop onion and add to a large skillet with butter and saute',
- While onion is sizzling, cut beef kabobs into quarters. If
the meat is still slightly frozen it's easier to cut.
- Add beef to skillet and mix with onion.
- Crumble bouillon cubes into the skillet and mix well with
onion and beef.
- Brown beef, stirring and mixing to ensure all sides are browned
- When ready, add flour to skillet and allow it to soak up
the liquid to coat the beef.
- Brown the flour for about 5 minutes, then add water. Mix
- Add salt and butter, and mix well.
- Simmer beef mixture for about 20 minutes, stirring about
every 10 minutes.
- Cook until gravy is at the desired thickness.
- You can use any kind of beef. Kabobs are easier because they're
already cut down to size.
- You can add mushrooms, sliced thin and saute with onion.
- You can also add 1 tspn of garlic with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm alone, or over toast.
- Serve with
- Peas and Corn or Country green beans,
or your favorite veggies.
- Baked potato