- Heritage Home | Family
Genealogy | Recipes
Cakes, Cookies & Pies
- A Springtime Croissant Bunny
- Instead of coloring eggs, try this little special cooking
craft for parents and kids at the Spring Equinox. Serve it up
for dessert after the honey ham, or make them the night before
for a special breakfast treat.
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 8oz can Pillsbury crescent dinner rolls
- 12 small solid chocolate egg candies
- 6 miniature white or pink marshmallows
- Pink decorative icing
- Green or Blue decorative icing
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Lightly coat a large cooking sheet with cooking spray
- Unroll and separate the 8 crescents onto wax paper
- Take a crescent and cut it into 3 or 4 triangles.
- Using another crescent, place 2 chocolate egg candies in
the wide end of the crescent
- Gently fold over the bottom edges, then roll dough over once
to form the bunny head. This should turn the folded edges into
the center of the crescent and leave a pointy ear at the top.
The 5 Year Old's Created and Decorated Bunny
- Place the 1 eared bunny head on the cookie sheet.
- Take one of the cut triangles, gently lift the bunny head
and place the triangle between the head and the attached ear.
Replace the head and gently pinch the edges to seal.
- If desired, bend down one of the ears.
- Repeat this process for the other 5 crescents, use the extra
crescents for ears.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the crescents are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and place 1 marshmallow nose on the
bunny face. You may need to lightly press the marshmallow onto
the dough so it will stick. But don't press too hard.
- Replace in the oven and bake for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Use the pink icing to decorate the eyes, and the blue or
green to make a colorful iris.
- Serve when desired on a bed of springtime decorative grass.
- Left over dough - you will probably have some dough left
over. My son pulled out 2 small triangle pieces, then rolled
the rest into a ball. He placed the 2 triangles on the cookie
sheet and the ball on top to make a solid bunny head with ears.
Then we sprinkled the little ears with pink sugar crystals to