- Heritage Home | Family
Genealogy | Recipes
Salads & Sandwiches
- Spring's Chicken Soup
- Bring in the spring and warm out those colds, stuffy nose,
and a soar throat.
- Preparation time:
1 1/2 to 2 hours
- 4 large skinless chicken breasts.
- 4 mid-sized carrots cut into thin slices.
- 3 mid-sized celery sticks, cut into thin slices.
- 1 mid-sized potato cut into small cubes.
- Flour, salt and chicken bullion cube.
- Cook chicken breast in a skillet or oven (don't use a microwave)
until tender but still juicy.
- Set them aside to cool a little while you prepare the soup.
- In a large sauce pan add:
- 5 cups of water and 1 chicken bullion cube.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt, carrots, celery and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil and added 2 tablespoons all purpose flour.
Stir for about 2 minutes.
- Reduce to medium heat and cover.
- Cut chicken into chunks, discard any 'fatty' attachments.
- Add chicken to sauce pan. Simmer for 30-60 minutes.
- Continually check on the soup and stir occasionally.