- Heritage Home | Family
Genealogy | Recipes
Cakes, Cookies & Pies
- Aunt Mildred's Chocolate Pie
- This recipe was shared with family in friends in loving memory
of Aunt Mildred Marie Guinn Stoots. We lost our precious Aunt
in January 2009. And we happily share our memories of her kitchen
with the world.
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 6
- Filling Ingredients:
- 4 tblspn cocoa
- 1 ½ c sugar
- ½ c flour
- 2 ½ c milk
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ tspn salt
- 1 tblspn butter
- 1 tblspn vanilla
- Baked pie shell
- Stir sugar, flour, cocoa and milk together.
- Gradually mix in egg yolks.
- Add salt, butter and vanilla.
- Cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Chill and pour into baked pie shell
- Meringue Topping Ingredients:
- Beat egg whites and sugar until stiff.
- Put on top of pie and spread to fully cover filling.
- Place pie in oven at 350° F until topping is slightly
- Once pie has cooled, add chocolate bar shavings to the top