- GranMa Sandy's Dry Spice Rub
for Pork Roast
- A yummy alternative to BBQ. This dry rub can make a summer
roast something special and unique.
- Dry Spice Rub for Pork Roast
- 1½ Tsps Black Pepper.
- 1 Tsp Salt.
- 1 Tsp Dry Mustard.
- 1 Tsp Dried Sage.
- ½ Tsp Dried Thyme.
- Combine all ingredients and rub into a 4-6 pound pork shoulder
or pork butt roast.
- 5-6 lb. pork shoulder or butt port roast placed in baking
- Rub pork roast with dry rub mixture.
- Add about ½ (scant) cup of water to the pan before
- Cover with a tent of tin foil.
- Bake in the oven with this rub at 350° F for about 2½
to 3 hours or until fork tender.
- Baste 2-3 times during cooking.
- (Check while baking to make sure there is still water, but
it should make it's own pan juices and more water may not be
needed to be added). Just make sure it has enough pan juices.
- Serving Instructions: