- Maw Carey's Fried Chicken
- I can't remember which one of my grand mothers taught me
how to make fried chicken. I think it was Maw Carey. But this
is the way she did it.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- ½ cup corn meal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 4 medium size boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter/margarine
- Melt the butter in a large deep dish skillet on medium heat.
- Put dry ingredients into a 1 gallon size zip lock bag
- Mix the egg and milk in measuring cup. Then pour onto a deep
- Soak both sides of a chicken breast into milk mixture.
- Place directly into the zip lock bag and shake until fully
- The butter should be slightly boiling by this time; if so,
place chicken into skillet
- Cook for 5 minutes, then turn over. Cook for another 5 minutes.
Continue this process until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve warm topped with chicken gravy
- Goes great with Spring's Fried