- Heritage Home | Family
Genealogy | Recipes
Cakes, Cookies & Pies
- Garrett's Classic Fudge
- Perfectly chocolate classic rich cocoa fudge.
- 3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup Hershey's cocoa
- 1/8 tspn salt
- 1½ cup milk
- 1/4 cup (1 stick) of butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Candy Thermometer
- Line 9 inch square pan with foil and grease with butter.
(PAM spray is suggested for this step).
- Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in heavy 4 quart sauce pan. Mix
dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Place pan on medium heat and stir in milk. Stir constantly
until mixture come to a full rolling boil.
- Boil without stirring until mixture reaches 234° F
(Important: thermometer should not rest on the bottom
of the pan).
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla and butter. Do not stir.
- Cool at room temperature to 150° F (luke warm)
- Beat with a wooden spoon until fudge thickness and just begins
to lose some of its gloss.
- Spread quickly into prepared pan; cool completely.
- Cut into squares.
- About 36 pieces or 1 3/4 lbs.
Note: For best results, do not double this recipe.