- Vickie's Grilled Fried Chicken
- So you like fried
chicken but not all the grease or cholesterol that goes with
it. Ok, here's a Grilled alternative you'll love!
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 4
- ½ cup corn meal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 4 medium size boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can butter flavored Pam spray
- Put dry ingredients into a 1 gallon size zip lock bag
- Mix the egg and milk in measuring cup. Then pour onto a deep
- Soak both sides of a chicken breast in milk mixture.
- Place directly into the zip lock bag.
- Once all the chicken is in the bag, close it tightly and
shake for about 2 minutes.
- Place chicken in fridge and go start the grill.
- When ready, place chicken on the grill.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, then coat each piece
of chicken with butter flavored Pam spray. You may need to coat
the chicken more than once during the grilling process.
- Cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from grill and serve hot.
- You can increase the milk to ½ cup and leave out the
- Add ½ tblspn bbq seasoning to the coating mix for
- I suggest holding the zipped side of the bag during shaking.
- Also you might blow a little air into the bag before closing
it to give it a 'balloon' feel. It helps with the shaking and
I think it helps the dry ingredients coat the potatoes and not
the sides of the bag.