- Garrett's Hamburger Buns
- They're absolutely wonderful even by themselves! They go
great with chicken, bbq or, oh yes
- Preparation Time:
- Makes approx 32 buns
- 8 cups flour
- 2 pkgs Yeast
- 2½ cups milk
- 3/4 cups butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tblspn salt
- 3 eggs
- In large mixing bowl combine 4 cups of flour and yeast. Mix
- In a sauce pan, heat milk, butter, sugar and salt to 125°
- Pour into mixing bowl, then add 3 eggs and beat with a mixer
on low to combine mixture, scraping the edge of the bowl during
- Increase speed to high and beat for 3 minutes.
- By hand sir in 4 cups of flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured white cotton sheet.
- Knead dough until smooth and elastic. Form into a large ball.
- Place in a greased bowl rolling it to coat entire ball, cover
with a light weight towel and let rise in a warm place. (about
- Shaping Rolls:
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F
- Punch dough down and turn out onto cotton sheet.
- Divide ball into 4 portions. Place on a large cookie sheet,
cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide each portion into 8 balls.
- Turn ball in hands, folding edges under to make even circle.
- Press ball flat between hands.
- Place on greased baking sheets, pressing to 3½ inch
- Let rise till double (about 30 minutes)
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes.