- Papaw Carey's Juicy Hamburgers
- I have memories from when I was child watching my dad mix
various ingredients into ground steak to make hamburgers. They
always added that extra special flavor that made them so much
better than just plain hamburgers. Over the years, I've altered
the recipe slightly to our taste, but they're based on Dad's
Time: 1 ½ hours
- Makes 6 to 8 patties
- 1 lbs hamburger *
- ½ bread crumbs
- ¼ tspn pepper
- ¼ tspn salt
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- ¼ ketchup *
- 2 tblspns bbq sauce *
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1 tblspn chopped onion (optional)
- Preferred Ingredients:
- Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce
- Heinz ketchup
- Buffalo/Bison burger meat
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl by hand.
- Kneed hamburger for about 3 minutes to ensure meat is fully
mixed with dry ingredients.
- Set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and kneed meat into desired sized patties.
About 4 inches in diameter and 1 inch thick should yield about
- Grill or fry patties until cooked to desired taste.
- Serve warm with your favorite burger fixin's.
- You might also want to try Garrett's homemade Hamburger