- Heritage Home | Family
Genealogy | Recipes
Cakes, Cookies & Pies
- Pam's Monkey Bread
- It's not really a bread, but you'll all have fun sitting
around the table with this one. Give everyone a fork and watch
them dig into this deliciously sweet concoctions.
- Preparation Time: 60 minutes
- 3 cans biscuits
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tspn cinnamon
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup copped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Place pecans into bottom of a well greased bunt pan.
- Mix sugar & cinnamon in a gallon size zip lock bag.
- Cut biscuits into quarters and roll into balls.
- Put several in the bag and shake to coat.
- Remove them from the bag and place them in the bunt pan.
- Repeat this step until all the rolled 1/4 biscuits have been
coated with the sugar mix.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter and mix in the brown
sugar. Stir constantly until the brown sugar is thoroughly dissolved.
- Pour over the biscuits.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Top the pan with a serving plate and then carefully, but
quickly turn the bunt pan upside down so the baked bread dumps
out onto the plate.
- Serve with forks for everyone and start picking your pieces.