- Rum Out A Cold:
- Maw Stoots had this in
her recipe box, but she couldn't remember where she got it from.
Just what you need to run away a cold, or knock out a chill.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Sprinkle of ground cloves.
- A dab of butter - 1/4 teaspoon will do
- Add a jigger of rum - 1 1/2 ounces
- 3 oz of water.
- Pour the rum into a large warmed up mug.
You can warm the mug by bathing it in hot water under the tap. Dry it off and set it near the stove.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring the water to almost a boil.
- Reduce heat and add the butter.
- Once melted and mixed, add the brown sugar and cloves.
- Pour the butter mix into the rum mug.
- Stir with a cinnamon stick.
- Serve hot, preferably while you're under a nice warm blanket!
You might also like GrandMa Great's Hot Toddy Cold Remedy.
- You can use margarine instead of butter.
- You can add 2 oz of water with 1 oz of orange, lemon or lime juice.
- Or use 3 oz of water with 1 tspn of fresh orange, lemon or lime juice.
(orange works best with the cinnamon stick).