- Vickie's Sage Chicken
- A very simple concoction
that we threw together one night, just to give it try. Turns
out it was extremely good.
- Preparation Time: 1½ hour
- 3 lg. boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tblspns crushed sage
- 2 tspn salt
- ½ tspn pepper
- 6 tblspn Italian Bread Crumbs
¼ cup melted margarine (or butter)
- Place all 3 thawed chicken breasts in a glass casserole dish.
- Melt butter and pour over chicken. Using a fork, turn the
chicken over several times coating both sides with butter.
- Combine the salt and pepper in a small dish. Sprinkle half
the mixture evenly over each chicken. Turn the chicken and sprinkle
the other side.
- Using a measuring spoon, sprinkle ½ tablespoon of
Sage over the front side of the chicken, turn and coat the back
side. Use 1 tablespoon of sage per breast.
- Using a measuring spoon, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of bread crumbs
on the front side of the chicken, turn and coat the back side.
Use 2 tablespoons of sage per breast.
- Lay the breasts smooth side up and place casserole dish into
the fridge. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and cook until golden brown and fully
- We preferred grilling our chicken. In this case:
- · place the chicken
on the grill
- · using a spoon, scoop
half the chilled butter mixture from the dish and coat the chicken.
- · when you turn the
chicken on the grill, scoop the remaining butter mixture onto
the next side of the chicken.
- You might also try baking the chicken in the casserole dish.
- Try serving with warmed apple butter for dipping.