- Vickie's Scalloped Potatoes
- One of our favorite items to set beside a great family feast.
- Preparation time: 90 minutes
- 3 large potatoes
- ¾ c. Minced onion
- 2 tblspn butter/margarine
- 3 tblspn All purpose Flour
- ½ tspn salt
- ¼ tspn pepper
- 1¾ c. Milk
- Wash and peal potatoes. Slice them into ¼ inch slices
and place then a large pot of water. Make sure the water covers
the slices completely.
- Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes or until slices are tender.
- In a separate deep skillet, melt butter and add onions, salt
and pepper. Saute onions until tender.
- Add flour and milk, stir until the flour has become smooth.
- Cook onion mixture until it becomes bubbly and thick.
- Remove the potato slices and drain. Place slices into a deep
dish casserole dish.
- Cover potatoes with onion mixture.
- Dash Paprika over the top and place uncovered in the oven
for 10 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms with the onions and saute together.
- Add ¼ cup sweet sage or parsley to the onions to add
an alternative flavor.
- For a colorful alternative, add ½ cup cubed tomato
pieces after the milk mixture has boiled and become thick.