- Heritage Home | Family
Genealogy | Recipes
Cakes, Cookies & Pies
- Vickie's Sugar Cookies
to set out for Santa! We started with a well known recipe and
made some alterations to help the cookies hold their shape in
the baking. We're very pleased with the way they've come out.
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- Decorating Time: Several hours!
- 1 ½ c Powdered Sugar
- 1 tspn baking soda
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 2 ½ c All purpose Flour
- 1 c Margarine - softened
- 1 ½ tspn Vanilla
- 1 egg
- Your favorite white icing
- Food coloring
- Cake decorating sprinkles of various kinds
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and
mix with a dry spoon.
- Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Divide dough in half and set one aside.
- Roll the other half into a small ball.
- Place on a lightly floured surface and roll out flat with
a lightly floured rolling pin.
- Dough should be about ¼ inch thick.
- Use your favorite cookie shapes and cut dough.
- Place cookies onto an un-greased cookie sheet and bake for
8 to 10min; or until edges turn slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack or paper towels.
- Mix your favorite white icing and divide into several small
- Add food coloring as desired to create a variety of colors
- Cookies must be completely cooled before frosting. Mix and
match colors to express your creative fancy. Top with sprinkles.
- You can make your icing or purchase premixed frosting.
- Consider adding nuts or chips to your cookie dough to add
variety to your holiday treats.