- Garrett & Vickie's Tater
- Wedges are Aidan's
favorite thing. So we've tried a few recipes to duplicate what
we've found at our local deli. We haven't quite got their version
of wedges down yet. But in the process we've come up with some
pretty good variations. This is one of those. Great for lunch,
dinner or the back yard bbq.
- Updated: 4/4/2009
- Preparation Time: 1.5 hour
- 45 min. prep time
- 1 hour fridge time
- Serves: 4
- 2 lg. potatoes
- 1 cup shredded or granulated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tspn salt
- 1 tspn pepper
- 1 tspn paprika
- ½ cup flour
- 1 gal. sized zip lock bag
- Mix all the dry ingredients into the zip lock bag. Close
the bag and shake for about 30 seconds.
- Wash and slice potatoes into wedges.
- Brush wedges with melted butter.
- Place the wedges into the zip lock bag and close.
- Shake the bag back and forth for about 2 minutes.
- Set the bag aside for about 5 minutes.
- Return to the bag and shake again. Repeat this about 3 or
- When you're satisfied with the coating, place wedges in the
fridge for about 1 hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F
- Remove wedges from fridge, shake again for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Coat a cookie sheet with butter or butter flavored Pam spray.
- Removed wedges from the bag and place them on the cookie
- Bake for 30 minutes or until wedges attain a nice gold color.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
- You can add all sorts of varying herbs and spices.
- Garrett likes to add ¼ tspn of garlic powder
- We've also tried them with ½ tblspn bbq powder
- I suggest holding the zipped side of the bag during shaking.
- Also you might blow a little air into the bag before closing
it to give it a 'balloon' feel. It helps with the shaking and
I think it helps the dry ingredients coat the potatoes and not
the sides of the bag.