- Garrett's Tea Scones
- Perfect on the side of a bowl of Vickie's Beast
- Preparation Time: 30 min
- Makes approx 16 scones
- 2 c flour
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1 tblspn baking powder
- 2 tblspn sugar
- 6 tblspn butter
- 1 c milk
- 2 eggs
- You'll need:
- Lightly Grease cooking sheets
- Rolling pin
- Pizza cutter
- Basting Brush
- In a mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients (flour, sugar,
baking powder, salt).
- Cut butter into mixture until the mix resembles course crumbs.
- Add 1 beaten eggs and milk until dough clings together.
- Knead gently on lightly floured surface.
- Split mix into 2 equal halves.
- Shape each half into a ball.
- With a rolling pin, flatten each ball into a circle, to approx.
1/2 inch thickness.
- Using the pizza cutter, slice each circle into 6 to 8 pie
- Place each wedge onto a cooking sheet; do not let sides touch.
- Take remaining egg and lightly beat it in a cup.
- Use the basting brush to paint the egg wash onto each wedge.
- Bake at 425° until brown (approx. 10 to 12 minutes)
- Makes approx 12 to 16 scones.