- Heritage Home | Family
Genealogy | Recipes
Cakes, Cookies & Pies
- Garrett's Traditional Chocolate-Chip
- Mouth watering delectable treat.
- 1 cup butter, (softened not melted)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tspn vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups unsifted all-purpose four
- 1 tspn baking soda
- ½ tspn salt
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) milk chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375°
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda,
and salt) in medium mixing bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients (butter, vanilla, eggs) in a separate
bowl. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture. Beat well with a fork,
or use a mixture on medium speed.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Use a teaspoon to spoon cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly and remove from cookie sheet.
- Cool completely on wire rack, or paper towel sheets.