- GranMa Sandy's Vegetable Casserole
- A good way to get children to eat vegetables. GranMa Sandy
often made this dish for her children and they always liked this
- 2 reg size cans of Veg-all well drained
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup.
- 1 cup of chopped celery (See note at bottom)
- 1 cup chopped onion.
- 1 Sm can of sliced water chestnuts (this gives great crunch).
- ½ cup. Mayonaise. (I always use Duke's Mayo).
- ½ cup Sour Cream.
- 1½ cup Shredded Sharp Cheedar Cheese (saving ½
cup for topping).
- 1 Pkg (1 entire roll) Ritz crackers which have been placed
in a plastic bag and finely crushed.
- Mix all of the above (EXCEPT ½ cup of Cheedar Cheese
for topping and the crushed crackers).
- Place in a butter greased oven proof casserole dish. Use
at least a 4 or 5 qt size dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of Cheedar Cheese on
top of mixture.
- Cover and evenly spread Ritz Crackers over all of mixture.
- Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes.
- Note: You may omit the celery and chicken soup and use 1
can of Cream of Celery Soup instead.
- Also be sure to completely drain the Veg-All or it will ruin
the dish with too much liquid.
- Serving Instructions: