- Heritage Home | Family
Genealogy | Recipes
Cakes, Cookies & Pies
- GranMa Sandy's Yorkshire Pudding
- One of the family favorites to top off that yummy Roast
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 6
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (sifted before measured).
- ½ tsp. Salt.
- ½ tsp. Pepper.
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature).
- 1 cup Milk (at room temperature).
- 4 Tblsp. hot fat from Roast Beef.
- Make batter 30 minutes before baking.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in medium sized bowl.
- Make a hollow well in mixture all the way to the bottom of
- Break eggs into the hollow and pour in milk.
- Beat eggs and milk with a fork.
- When mixed, gradually beat in flour a little at a time until
batter is smooth.
- Pour into pitcher for easy pouring.
- Cover and let stand about 10 minutes.
About 10 minutes before Roast has finished cooking, proceed as
- Heat a large 12 muffin pan in the oven until hot and remove.
- Turn the oven to 450 degrees.
- Spoon about ½ teaspoon of the hot fat from the roast
into each muffin cup.
- Pour ½ to 1⁄3 of batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake 10 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Turn oven down immediately to 375° F.
- Bake 10 more minutes, until well browned.
- Remove pan and loosen puddings. (They will
be hollow inside)
- Serve immediatly with Roast Beef and pan